I’ve started my pet blog 8 years ago. This is not a brag – it’s the reality – those of us that started back then were the blogging pioneers.
Back when I started, there were no “how-to” books, websites, or guidance. We had to figure every painful move out on our own. And, boy did I make almost every mistake you can make.
I’ve learned all of the ins-and outs of running a successful pet blog since then.
It took me 8 years to get to where I am today but it doesn’t have to take that long for you. When you work with me, you don’t have to re-invent the wheel.
I can condense what took me years to learn down into a few hours for you.
Also, instead of having to pour over general information and figure out how it might apply to your pet blog, I’ll teach you exactly how the blogging and social media practices apply to the pet niche.
Whether you want to start a pet blog, or you want to turn your hobby pet blog into something that at least makes a side income, I want to help you get there.
“I felt overwhelmed trying to keep up with all of the social media changes and grow my blog’s reach. Jessica was able to identify the areas I needed to focus on most. After making the suggested SEO improvements, I now get regular traffic to those posts, which I was unable to do before.” – Sandra, Blogger at Dolly the Doxie
Mentoring for Experienced Pet Bloggers
My goal is to reduce your confusion and overwhelm by getting straight to the point and giving you the information you need so you don’t have to spend hours hunting and reading.
Each mentorship program is customized for you and your unique needs. I don’t have a template and there is one one-size-fits all approach.
I don’t want to cover things you already know or simply give you a short lesson on something and move on before you understand it.
We’ll have a kickoff call to:
- Identify your goals
- Determine where you are and what your roadblocks are
- Decide where you want to go
- Talk about how you can get there
After our conversation, I’ll put together a plan to address the biggest sticking points we’ve identified.
Topics I can help with during our mentorship include:
- Assessing your blog and/or social media channels to see where you need to concentrate your efforts
- Creating a Content Strategy to keep you on track down the road
- How to leverage old content to get it seen more and save you time
- How to write valuable, engaging content around chosen topic/niche that will get your blog noticed
- The different ways you can leverage your blog and make more money blogging, in a way that makes the most sense for you
- How to create a media kit and successfully pitch brands for sponsorships
- How to turn around a “work-for-free” brand inquiry and actually get paid
- How to measure success through analytics and leverage that information to multiply your site traffic and income
- Uncovering where your talents and what you enjoy most meets what people need in order to start your own freelance business
Most mentorship periods last three to six months at a time, depending on what you want to tackle together. If you need more help, we’ll work together for as long as you need.
During the time period we’re working together, I will help you through a combination of one-on-one calls, an exclusive Facebook group, and done-for-you services.
Contact me if you’re ready to take your blog to the next level and get on the path toward more money and more freedom.
Still Not Sure?
Check out my award-winning pet blog.
I’ve won BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose awards for:
- Best Branding – 2018
- Best Dog Blog – 2017
- Best Dog Blog – 2015
- Best Pet Blog Design – 2015
My blog has helped me to:
- Gain special access to industry events
- Secure paid and unpaid sponsorships
- Land a radio segment on a local news channel
- Secure writing gigs with local pet-industry publications
- Leave my corporate job to start my own online business
- Receive press trips so I can travel more
- Spend more time with my dogs, friends, and family (notice who comes first on the list. Ha, ha.)
If you want make your blog amazing so it will attract these kinds of opportunities, send me an email.
Mentoring for Those Who Want to Start a Blog
“Where do I start? All of the information on the internet is intimidating.”
“Everything looks so complicated… hosting. HTML, domains, niche, WordPress. I have no idea where to even begin.”
Does this sound like you?
If so, I’d love to give you a crash-course in everything it takes to get a pet blog set up and on it’s way.
I’m an open book. I spent almost a decade learning everything about blogging and online communication so you don’t have to.
I offer a package that includes:
- A resource sheet that includes links and information covering all of the basics of setting up a blog.
- Three 40-minute one-on-one calls so I can walk you through it and answer questions specific to your interests and situation.
The fee for this one-time “blog launch” mentoring call is $549.